As the leading petroleum, biofuels and chemical testing laboratory in New Zealand, IPL can also test other associated products.
Fire fighting foams
One of our biggest areas of analytical testing of products outside the standard upstream, downstream hydrocarbon and biofuel categories are fire fighting foams. We can offer a range of different fire fighting foams testing such as AR AFFF, AR FFFP, FP, ATC RF & RF. The tests and limits required on foams are specified by the latest BS EN 1568-3:2008 and DEF(AUST)5706. The methods we offer are pH, Sediment, Foam Expansion, Drainage, Specific Gravity, Viscosity, Surface Tension and Refractive Index.
Other chemical testing
Our laboratory capabilities, skill sets and methodologies can be applied to testing other chemical products. Some of the other chemicals IPL can test are as follows:
• Formic acid testing for the textile and rubber industry
• Paint thinners testing for the paint industry
• Methylated spirits testing for the automotive industry
• Glycerin testing for the biofuel industry
• Iso pentane testing for the power generation industry
• Monopropylene glycol testing (MPG) for the plastics industry
• Linear alkyl benzene testing (LAB) for the plastics industry
• Sulphonic acid testing for the concrete and dye industry
Another year full of successful project entries for the WITT Taranaki Science and Technology Fair. Our lovely Pam Chung attended the event and also helped judge the projects on display. Pam was truly amazed by the level of detail and the precision of the scientific processes followed by some of the participants. “I thought the kids did a great job at noting down and presenting evidence of their work at each step of their investigation”. It was great to hear back from Pam about how impressed she was by the thoroughness of some of our scientists in making. Read More ›